1. The Basics
* Do you have at least two hour per week and a minimum of six months you can commit to volunteering as a PAL?
* Are you over 18 years old?
* Where did you hear about the Playspace Program?
2. Provide your general information
* Date of birth
Prefer not to say
Horizons for Homeless Children is required to maintain records for reporting to state and federal funding agencies. Please check one:
* Employment status
3. Volunteer Information
* In which region are you interested in volunteering?
* What Playspace training do you plan on attending?
Please answer the following questions.
Do you have previous experience with homeless children?
Why do you want to work with homeless children?
What do you hope to gain from your volunteer experience?
Describe your past volunteer experiences.
What challenges do you expect to encounter in volunteering with homeless children?
4. Next Steps
Thank you for submitting your application to be a Playspace Activity Leader (PAL). We are so excited you are interested in joining our efforts to improve the lives of young children without homes. We will review your application and provide a response within two business days.
Please be prepared to submit two reference names with email addresses and daytime phone numbers, including at least one reference who has seen you interact with children (not a family member). This information will be requested immediately following your PAL training.
In the meantime, we encourage you to learn more about homelessness. To learn more,click here.